Welcome to Department of Physical Education
The Department of Physical Education welcomes all the students aspiring to build their career in Physical Education. The Department of Physical Education was established on 07th July, 2008 and was inaugurated by the (Ex.) Honorable Vice Chancellor Dr. Narendra Jadhav.
Striving towards excellence together in Physical Education, Sports, Yoga & Allied Sciences (PSYA)
- To develop, train, prepare & nurture competent, dynamic professionals, leaders and facilitators in Physical Education, Sports, Yoga & Allied Sciences (Human Performance)
- To contribute to knowledge through research.
- To promote eliticism in sports.
- To propagate new concepts and ideas & provide for extension service to society.
- To accept modernity while preserving traditionality.
- To cultivate the modern concept of Physical Education, Sports and Yoga in Society.
- Elevating the standards of Physical Education at all the levels.
- To design, structure & implement new and relevant courses of National & International standards in Physical Education, Sports, Yoga & Allied Sciences.
- To create an awareness about fitness & wellness and provide means for developing it.
- To conduct research work with International collaboration.
- To develop indigenous & innovative models to bring in elitness in sports.
- To understand & evaluate the existing Physical Education System in the country with an objective of providing for viable solutions towards a common goal.
- Diagnosing & providing for the diverse needs of different stratas of the society.
- To exhibit our traditional sports culture globally while imbibing modern scientific approach for enhancement of Physical Education, Sports, Yoga & Allied Sciences.
- Working towards the goal of “Fit Nation”.